Tuesday, February 8, 2011

For those of you who've been counting, today was officially day 9 of the Dress Wearing. 


For those of you who have been paying attention, I know, I fail. Two days without a post! BUT I have been taking pictures of it, and wearing it, I promise. (Ask my husband.) :)





Day 7


Day 8


Day 9

I do have some exciting news! And it's gonna be IN the news! Channel 6 News is going to do a story about the Little Black Dress Project. Can you believe it? I am kind of nervous, actually, because I'm not sure how well I will translate to film. 

Have you ever heard your own voice recorded and played back to you and think, "Is that really what I sound like? That doesn't sound anything like me..."

I'm just hoping the face doesn't play the same nasty trick. 

My big sister says that everybody has a different mental image of themselves, and I suppose she's right. However, this is all vanity causing me to worry and I need to remember, this isn't about me at all. Time to find some scripture on pride, yes?

"When pride comes, then comes disgrace,
but with humility comes wisdom".  --Proverbs 11:2

"Pride goes before destruction,
 a haughty spirit before a fall". --Proverbs 16:18

"A fool's mouth lashes out with pride,
but the lips of the wise protect them." --Proverbs 14:3

"In his pride the wicked man does not seek Him;
in all his thoughts there is no room for God". --Proverbs 10:4

A book of wisdom. If you are in need of counsel chances are Proverbs has your answer. It's a great place to start! 

Sweet dreams,
--Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment