Thursday, February 3, 2011

The Fiasco

Ok. First I would like to start off by apologizing for not getting a post up yesterday. 


Secondly, I would like to tell you why.


So, when you wear a dress every day you need to work in some regular washes, right? Well, yesterday was going on day 3 and I needed to freshen The Dress. Because my husband and I do not yet own a washing machine and dryer, and also because we never have quarters, we go and bum off of my parents washer and dryer. (They are cool, and do not mind). 


As it so happened, there was much laundry to be done, besides my Dress and it took quite a while. By the time all the laundry was finished it was late, and being a bit absent minded, we left my parents' place without my main piece of clothing. It had been hang drying in the wash room. I grabbed it and went upstairs, set it down, put on my coat, and grabbed my purse. Then, we left. The whole ride home I was pestered by the nagging feeling that I had forgotten something. 


>.<


Doh!


My dress!!!


I only remembered, naturally, after we were all settled in for the night. It was too late to go back for it. Unfortunately I hadn't yet taken the picture of my day 3 outfit. There was no other alternative but to wait until morning. Then, I would call my father, who would graciously proceed to bring me my uniform between his bus routes, so I wouldn't have to sit all day in my pajamas. (We are down to one car right now, and it's a stick shift, which I have not yet learned to drive. Nick takes it to work).


Some days it is fun to spend all day in your pajamas, but not when you've made a mission out of getting dressed in the mornings. So, there you have it, people--my Official Statement of Excuse.


Wasn't that a riveting trip into the mundane?


At least I didn't try to say the dog ate my dress. 
day 3

day 4
Thanks for reading,


-Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment