Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Day 23 and an almost lovable beagle

23 days, and still going strong.

So, guess how long I've been wearing the dress? Ok, I'm sure all of you cheated and looked above, but that's right! 23 days! I realized today that I had no idea how long it'd been since I first put it on.  I thought, "Gee, if I don't even know how long it's been, no one else probably knows either!" So I thought I'd let you know. 23 DAYS. 

Really, the dress will probably have a harder time hanging in there than I will.  My mother seemed to think so too.  She bought me a bottle of Woolite to use especially for the dress. (Thanks, Mom!) It worked wonderfully.

But, an unexpected challenge facing the Dress? A 20 pound beagle. Now, Benny is the most cuddly, lovable dog ever, but he jumps up on me, (even though he knows better) and he has some sharp little claws! We need to get them trimmed.  Also, he feels some irresistible urge to sit on my lap at all times, or otherwise be near me. 

I think it must be the same kind of unignorable urge that draws baby sea turtles to the ocean, or tells birds when to fly south. This very same urge speaks to Benny's south end and tells it to sit as near to mine as possible.

Awww! Nick saw us this morning and
decided it was too cute not to photograph.

Besides his bad manners and sharp claws, Benny often forces me to my knees, picking up after his many messes. He does this weird thing where he somehow throws his dog food all over the place when he eats. Does anybody else's dog eat like this? What is happening here that is causing his kibble to explode from his mouth and all over the kitchen floor???

This doesn't even do it justice. His mealtimes assault
a good ten foot radius of our home each day.

For all of his antics, however, he is still the best cuddle buddy in the world. I shall just have to use my Woolite religiously, and learn to laugh about the rest. 


By the way, six  hundred dollars raised and we're not even a month in! Praise God! Thanks so much to everyone who has donated.  You have extended a life line to these children. Please help spread the word about this project and keep the good things happening! 

Love, 

-Lindsey & Benny :3

No comments:

Post a Comment