Wednesday, March 16, 2011

It's a Beautiful Life

I would just like to take a moment to say how very blessed Nick and I are. In our little house, with our little dog, life was pretty wonderful. And for some reason, beyond my understanding, God sees fit to bless my husband with not one, but two wonderful jobs. One at Bliss Bakery, which my sister in law owns, and the other at Beansmith which creates artisan roasted coffees.  Nick has truly found his niche, it seems, and I praise God for that.  It seemed that for so long he worked for horrible employers, people who never appreciated the great hard working man they had.  It was very frustrating.  I can't count the number of times I wanted to march down to his work place and grab somebody by the ear and give them what for!

But, instead, I did my best to diffuse those feelings in both of us by simply trying to be a comfort to Nick. I'm sure he felt fired up enough for the both of us. >.<

The difference between now and then is unbelievable.  Nick wakes up excited every morning to go to work. He comes home and tells me about all the stuff going on at each place, bubbling with enthusiasm.  And, he has discovered a latent passion for baking!

I can't even begin to tell you how much I appreciate that.

our experimental scones

hahaha!

So I would just like to give my baby a big pat on the back. Thanks for bringing home the bacon.  And the coffee.  Thanks, God, for this super awesome life and for wonderful employers. :D

-Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment