Thursday, March 31, 2011

Holy, holy, holy moley!

I have news once again from the other side of the world! It is not about the orphanages, however. Due to some visa trouble our contact and her family had to take a little vacation till they got things straightened out.  Now that things have settled back down for them, we will have more news on the orphanages soon.  This amazing story, however, is about something amazing that happened during one of our contact's worship services.  Read on....


Yesterday was a good day. I didn't realize how good it would be until I received the news.

It all started last week when I was preparing the worship set for our youth band to lead for the upcoming Sunday service. I usually can pick our songs rather quickly and easily, but this time I was struggling. I would pick a few songs, then decide they weren't right. I would pick other ones, then decide the first ones were better. I kept rearranging and changing and my head was spinning as the clock was ticking late into the night. It was well past my bedtime and I begged God to please lead me to pick the right songs for the service. I was strongly led to pick out the song, "Holy Holy Holy, Lord God Almighty". It's a hymn and our youth band has never played it together before. I wasn't exactly sure why I picked it, but I knew I was supposed to select songs that would go well with this song (themes, keys, etc...)

Our band practiced for two hours on Saturday, and and hour and half before the Sunday service as well. We worked so hard to make sure the songs were played with excellence. We worked hard to make sure the songs flowed nicely during transitions. We worked hard on the vocals making sure the melodies and harmonies blended perfectly. We prayed that our music would bring glory to God and create an environment where the congregation could meet with Him with no distractions.

After the service we felt relieved that everything went well and we breathed a sigh of relief. I gave all my team members hugs and thanked them for their hard work and willing hearts. I was dead tired after a long weekend already, and I was dreaming of my pillow at home. I scooped up my daughter and guitar and headed out the sanctuary when someone pulled me aside. They went on to inform me that two national people (from the country we are living in) attended the service that morning. (Our church consists mostly of international foreigners like us living in this country, but we have many locals who attend. Sometimes they come to learn English, and sometimes they come because they are seeking the Truth!) Apparently these two natinoals came up to the Senior Pastor after service wanting to explain what happened to them during the worship time. While we were leading worship, for the first time ever they both had the revelation that Jesus is God!

This is huge, my friends. Absolutely huge! You see, Muslims believe that Jesus was a prophet, a good man. But they do not believe he was the Son of God, and they certainly don't believe He is God. For many Muslims seeking the truth, it is very difficult for them believe this. They feel that it is "heresy" to give an earthly man the title of God (or Allah, as they call Him.)

I was in shock. I couldn't believe it! God used our meager attempts at leading worship to draw Muslims to Himself! Not only that, but He chose to use the youth band, which consists of young musicians still growing in their skills. One of my students has only been taking bass lessons from me for a few months and it was only her second time playing with us! It reminds me of this verse:

1 Corinthians 1:27: But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong.

As one of the verses in the Holy Holy Holy hymn says, "God in three persons, blessed Trinity." Thank you Jesus, for using our small youth band to help these locals receive a revelation that You are God! We pray that more and more Muslims will come to believe in Jesus Christ like never before!



Amazing! Never doubt the power of God, or that He is moving in this world.  Thanks to all of the supporters out there who have helped out this project. Keep the love coming!


-Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment